S.I. Glam Glow Spray Tanning offers easy spray tan service with our safer than UV tanning salon all over Staten Island, some areas of Brooklyn and New Jersey ( NJ ). We provide the best spray tanning services from certified technicians in the privacy and comfort of your own home with our mobile service.
We use only high-quality organic airbrush & mobile spray tanning products. These quality organic products are hypoallergenic and free of alcohol and fragrances that may irritate the skin. Proper tan care will extend the life of your tan. There are a few spray tan before and after care tips to follow to enjoy the best possible results and the longest life for your new tan.
Getting Ready to Your Tan
- Exfoliating the skin helps to create a more even spray tan by removing dead skin cells and preparing the skin to absorb the tanning solution.
- Exfoliate your skin on the night before your appointment, taken extra care on rougher areas, such as the knees, hands, elbows, and feet.
- You can shave up to 6 hours before, but wax a day or two before. Also, avoid shave creams and lotions on the day before, as they can interfere with even absorption of the tan solution
- No oils, sunscreen, lotions, or make up on the day of your tan appointment.
- Wear nail polish to prevent staining of the fingernails
After Care for Your Spray Tan
- You will have some color from the bronzer in the spray tanning solution, but the reaction that causes your skin to darken will continue after your appointment
- Do not shower for at least 10 hours
- Avoid exercise or using moisturizer on your skin until after you shower
- Avoid excessive exposure to water after your spray tan, such as swimming, showering, or cleaning. Wait until after your first shower to clean the house!
- After your first shower, use only water based lotions to maintain your tan
- Avoid exfoliating, as it can cause the tan to fade sooner
- You should still wear sunscreen outdoors to protect your skin from the sun’s UV rays.
- Certain products can cause your tan to fade. To preserve your results, avoid the use of exfoliating skin care and anti-aging products, bar soaps, toners and facial products that contain alcohol, and make up removers.
- Swimming and hot tubs can fade your tan
- Pat your skin dry after showers and avoid rubbing excessively